People are our greatest asset and we are always on the lookout for flexible and enthusiastic individuals.
We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels.
Draycote Hotel in partnership with Whitefields Golf Club and Golf Course is looking for motivated, professional individuals with personality and passion to join the team. Applicants must be well presented, have excellent communication skills and be enthusiastic about delivering the best service.
- Night Porter/ Receptionist
A position has become available for a Night Porter/ Receptionist to help manage the hotel throughout the night. Duties will include but not limited to, security checks, checking guests in and out of the hotel, and general cleaning rotas. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar or hotel environment and have
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar or hotel environment and have bar and reception experience too. To be considered for this role you will have previous nights experience within a hotel environment and understand the importance of providing the highest level of service possible at all times.
- Set clear and clean all conference rooms to an agreed standard
- Set private dinners and weddings to agreed standards
- Perform security procedures throughout your shift
- Mop and clean all areas of the hotel on a daily basis
- Look after guests within the hotel
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Present a welcoming impression to all guests
- Provide 24-hour room service
- Provide 24-hour reception services
- Bar Service if required
- To ensure that a suitable method of payment for each guest account at the time of guest departure.
- To inform the duty manager of any irregularities and record and relay any guests comments that require management attention.
- Ensure that all checklists and procedures are completed.
- To handle any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved and unresolved problems are reported to your Head of Department.
- To actively upsell any hotel facilities in order to maximise hotel revenue.
Desired but not essential:
- Use of opera PMS.
- Use of Microsoft office including word, excel and outlook.
If you are interested please send in your CV with a covering letter outlining the role you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Hotel Receptionist
We are looking for a Hotel Receptionist who is passionate about providing a personal, guest-focused experience
to join our friendly Hotel Reception team
The role will involve making reservations, covering reception and reporting to the Front of House Manager. You will be expected to provide exceptional customer service in an efficient and professional manner at all times.
As Hotel Receptionist, your duties will be varied to include:
- Welcoming guests and accurately completing all reception documentation
- Answering the telephone in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring all calls are passed to the relevant department/persons when necessary
- Taking reservations and entering bookings on to the hotel reservation system, up selling products where possible
- Assisting guests with any queries throughout their stay and taking restaurant bookings
- Checking guests in and out and ensuring bills are paid and receipted correctly, balancing cash and bills at the end of each shift
- Daily banking of takings
- Handling customer complaints promptly and professionally, demonstrating genuine customer care
- Maximising potential sales opportunities by adding customer value at every opportunity.
To be considered for the role you MUST be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of working as receptionist or reservationist within a hotel environment or have other proven customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who values honesty and integrity
If you are interested please send in your CV with a covering letter outlining the role you are interested into email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Conference and Events Coordinator
To be responsible for the day to day efficient management of the Conference & Events Department, in order to maximise occupancy, revenue and yield in line with company procedure. To ensure sales targets are met by implementing a yearly strategy and proactive sales & marketing. To ensure all events are managed from enquiry to event day.
Responsibilities and Duties
To ensure that all sales enquiries are dealt with in a proactive manner, and converted to confirmed bookings, to the agreed standards.
To ensure that the Conference, Events & Wedding database and chase systems are updated, actioned daily and utilised for all live enquiries, existing clients and potential new business.
To ensure the FOH & Reception Team are fully trained in dealing with enquiries and follow ups. Including denying enquiries.
To be involved in converting business and generating sales through show rounds of the Hotel, whether they be pre-booked or walk in’s.
To grow and develop, existing customers through regular contact, meeting and greeting, follow up calls, etc.
Ensure that both rooms and conference business is being logged daily, weekly and monthly.
To ensure that all Conference, Event organisers, Large Golf Society’s / Groups, Bride & Groom’s and any VIP guests are met on arrival and departure, in order to ensure good customer relations and establish future business opportunities.
To keep all yearly planners up to date, therefore identifying and managing seasonal peaks and business trends. Therefore, maximising yield, and achieving rooms budget.
To help identify market trends and co-ordinate sales activities accordingly, with the Revenue Manager, General Manager, Director of Golf and F&B Manager To take an active role in annual budgeting process and development of the Sales Action Plan, with the Revenue Manager, F&B Manager and General Manager.
To ensure that a professional, enthusiastic appearance and manner, is shown to all visitors, resulting in positive PR both internally and externally.
To communicate and share knowledge with other hotel departments, on a regular basis. Through comprehensive function and amendments sheets and function sheet meeting.
To ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is dealt with correctly and efficiently.
To ensure that the weekly events sheet is produced and distributed on the agreed day of the week, and that any amendments are sent to all departments as soon as possible.
To ensure that reception are trained and have necessary tools to help with an enquiry out of hours.
To ensure that the C&B, wedding and Christmas Standards are in place.
To ensure that all brochures, packages and information are up to date and readily available
To ensure that all events and group bookings have company terms and conditions and contracts.
To maintain a close relationship with the Accounts department to ensure that there is an accurate production of bills, to be sent to the client within 24 hours.
Monitor key departmental controls:
To control costs through correct stationary stock ordering and minimising wastage, forecasting and managing workload.
Financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts the hotel P& L.
To abide by Draycote Hotel policies :
Ensures that all guest accounting functions according to the Hotel policies and procedures are followed and each posting is clearly stated for each event. Therefore, ensuring all guest accounts are complete and accurate.
Adheres to the Company Credit Policy, and that method of payment is agreed with all customers prior to the event.
To ensure co-operation and compliance with all legislation relevant to your role in the business:
Must attend all H&S and fire training as directed by designated Line Manager.
Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role.
In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
To ensure that Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
Ensure security for both self and all departments.
To ensure that Learning and Development is undertaken to enable you to fulfil your job role:
Attend hotel and departmental induction.
Attend Job chats and Performance Reviews
Frequently work on the Hotel Reception & with FOH Team to ensure full Hotel knowledge is maintained and guest satisfaction is met in accordance with business needs.
Spend time with the Golf Team and Director to learn the key features and unique selling points of the Golf Course. Always be fully up to date with any offers and all pricing related to Whitefields.
Work with Whitefields to drive sales and aid with marketing where needed.
Being a Buddy for new starters.
Qualifications and Skills
Previous Events experience is essential, preferably in a Hotel environment.
Company Pension scheme
Job Type: Permanent
- Events co-ordination: 1 year
Please send your CV and application form to :
Draycote Hotel in partnership with Whitefields Golf Club and Golf Course & Whitefields Golf Course and Club
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Draycote Hotel in partnership with Whitefields Golf Club and Golf Course is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we will treat every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just. We always endeavour to select and retain the best qualified individuals based upon job-related qualifications and regardless of race, colour, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, sexual preference or political opinion